The Edge of the Abyss

The Edge of the Abyss
Depression is not a sign of weakness

Sunday, September 28, 2014

WELCOME TO THE EARTHBOUND TOMBOY



Welcome to my blog, The EarthBound Tomboy. It’s about my life as a woman with a disability: my musings, memories, rants and sarcastic jabs on my own situation and on disability generally. I’m amused by life’s ironies, both cruel and hilarious. I’m a fierce champion of equality and inclusion.  I believe in praising a job well done and calling out those who just don’t get it.
At times, I’ll expound on more expansive topics as well. Travel, food and other sybaritic delights. Gorgeous, inclusive design. Writing that enchants me and art that makes me swoon.
A little background on me: I'm a lawyer by training, but please don't hold that against me. I'm a native Clevelander who got smart and moved to Miami 14 years ago. My husband and I are hillbilly kids at heart who have embraced South Florida’s Latin culture.
I have an orthopedic disability as the result of childhood arthritis and I use a wheelchair for mobility. After a half century of living, I’ve arrived at the conclusion that going through life in an upright position is highly overrated.
If you’re game for a gimp girl’s observations on life -- at turns upbeat, sad and brutally honest – peppered with humor and pop culture references, please become a follower of The EarthBound Tomboy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Tomboy, welcome to the world of Blogdom. I've been keeping one--yes, everyday (except when I was in the hospital) since 2005. You'd have to read the whole damn thing from the beginning to "meet" me and I don't recommend it. Here's the link:
    http://mimi249.blogspot.com/
    I'm a native New Jerseyan, a pacifist (a real one, not a gussied-up democrat), and pretty damn opinionated on a slew of subjects. I want to be a member and/or follower of EarthBound Tomboy and will sign up as soon as I find out how.

    ReplyDelete